Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sample first paragraph


It was after moving to the USA and studying English as second language that I started to notice my writing process. I used to think of writing as something that flows naturally, more naturally for some people then to others. Before learning a second language, I thought the things I am used to do before and while I am writing were just habits and not a process that I have developed throughout the years as my writing faced different environments, audiences and purposes. Learning a second language forced me to pay more attention to these “habits” in order to improve my writing skill. Writing in English then became a huge challenge of recognizing my writing process, something that I never thought about it before. Therefore, I noticed that a few aspects like the environment I feel comfortable writing, the technologies I use and my invention process did not altered as I faced the task of writing in a second language. However, other aspects involving drafting, revising and control changed as I was adapting to write in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment